Saturday, March 5, 2016

Click (Food): Licking Jabba the Hutt, Yoenis Cespedes Gets Some Bacon, Savory Waffles and Other Stories From the World of Vegan Food

Happenings:
  • Bend, Oregon baker Barclay Losse has a dream of printing a 3D vegan cheesecake. He is pretty sure it is going to happen sooner than people think. I'm willing to give it a try. It can't be worse than every other vegan cheesecake I've ever tried.
  • A brand new book called Megan the Vegan is out via All Is Love Productions. The story traces a young girl's journey into lifelong vegan habits. I hope it is much better than our first visit from Megan the Vegan.
Recipes:

Crispy Tofu, Grapefruit, Avocado and Tahini Salad by The Food Lab

Everything I've tried from the Food Lab I have come away impressed with. If they told me they fried up a bunch of human feces and it tasted pretty good, I'd seriously give making it in my own kitchen some consideration. Thankfully it has yet come to that. 

Spaghetti Squash, Quinoa and Cumin Waffles by Anett Velsberg

These waffles look amazing. After hearing cumin was a pretty important ingredient in them, I soured just a little. Still, when something looks this good, I can't help but give it a little try. That's the same reason I just bought stock in Etsy.

Vegan Omelet from Minimalist Baker

I hate brunch. There's nothing in it for a vegan. Perhaps Minimalist Baker can change things. Or perhaps this will just be another in a long line of failed vegan omelet experiments. Only one way to find out *calls mom, invites her over for Sunday brunch. Chickens out. Serves toast. 

Pretzel Crust Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie from The Surznick Common Room

What I wouldn't give to be a couch in the Surznick Common Room. Imagine, little chunks of pretzel, chocolate and peanut butter falling into your cushions. Fabulous. Of course you'd have to be willing to overlook the fact that Sarah and Nick are constantly putting their a**es right in your face. How far are you willing to go for some vegan pretzel, peanut butter, chocolate and pie action?

No comments:

Post a Comment