Sunday, June 19, 2011

Food Flavored Song of the Day: Salt in the Wound by Propane Cowboy

I ate dinner with a group of friends a few years back to celebrate a wedding or birthday or something. At this dinner there was a guy and a girl who I had never met. The two weren't dating but it was obvious that the guy wanted to get with her as all night long he was putting on a show. Unfortunately a lot of this performance seemed to involve me. He spoke to me with haughtiness, contradicted things I said and insulted me a number of times. Eventually the two of us had a showdown over table salt. He tossed his over his shoulder while declaring religious purity, I blew mine in his face fairy dust style. He and the girl left moments later.

The interesting part is, once I poured that common table salt into his wounds, the two of us actually became friends. There's a moral in their somewhere.

Perhaps Propane Cowboy can tell us what that moral is. These guys are an indie rock band from Long Island, New York. They remind me a lot of one of my favorite defunct 90's bands Tripping Daisy, though they have a slightly more pop punk feel. "Salt in the Wound" is courtesy of the band's debut LP Terrible Twenty-Twos which you can purchase here or here or here.


Check out Propane Cowboy at: Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Youtube or ReverbNation

No comments:

Post a Comment