Monday, February 28, 2011

Carry a Big Stick Mix: Grouplove, Jon Mckiel, Davila 666, Lifeguards, Wolf Gang, Childish Gambino, tUnEyArDs, Yer Beauties, Guineafowl and more...

I have eagerly been awaiting March 28th ever since last March 28th. It is a foodie holiday that everyone needs to be aware of, National Food on a Stick Day. Every year I celebrate by eating everything I can find on a stick. This year I plan to look for the most ridiculous food I can find and put it on a stick (hit me up with suggestions). The first time I celebrated, I tried to manuever my way through various foods using a tiny stick (like a pencil with broken lead). I quickly learned that it is important to carry a large one in order to meet the needs of various foods. That is what this mix is all about. When skewering, celebrating or just plan poking, find the biggest stick around, turn on this mix and let the good times impale.


Grouplove-Naked Kids
Jon Mckiel-Motion Pictures
Davila 666-Esa Nena Nunca Regreso
Lifeguards-Paradise is Not so Bad
Wolf Gang-Dancing with the Devil
Childish Gambino-Freaks and Geeks
tUnEyArDs-Bizness
The Idle Hands-Socialite Death Squad
Yer Beauties-Up the Rabble
Guineafowl-In Our Circles
The Winter Olympics-The Great Outdoors
Car Seat Headrest-P.O.W.

Download Playlist Here

(Thanks to Brooklyn Vegan, Absolut Noise, Swedesplease, Pigeons and Planes, KEXP blog, Consequence of Sound, the Devil Has the Best Tuna and the bands for making this mix possible)

2 comments:

  1. National Food on a Stick Day? I have never heard of it, but already love it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not a very well known thing.

    ReplyDelete