Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Caper Crusader Mix: Bleeding Knees Club, Zola Jesus, Grouplove, Baby Eagle, Slottet, Popskarr, Postbox, Husky Rescue, the Ghost Hotel and more...


It is no secret, to those who have been reading this blog for a while, my former aversion to capers. To catch everyone else up, there was a grotesque man with curly hair who would make me cook them with shrimp. It was one of the worst things I've ever smelled and it made me sick every time I had to do it. That experience caused me to swear that salty caper balls would never touch my lips. In January all of this changed with Becca's insistence that I try Pasta Ponza. Since then I have started adding capers to many a meal. Last week I craved them for the first time. It is high time I admit, like the Franks of France or Batman, I too am on a crusade. This one is to bring capers to society's dinner table. And that, my friends, is what this playlist is all about. The Caper Crusader Mix:

Track Listing:

Bleeding Knees Club-Have Fun
Slottet-Agnostics Nightmare
Baby Eagle-Day of our Departing
Popskarr-Tonight
The Ghost Hotel -She said, She said
Postbox-Miss Sunshine
Husky Rescue-We Shall Burn Bright
Grouplove-Colours
Still Blue Still Turning-Time is a Place
Buck 65 (featuring Jenn Grant)-Paper Airplane
Zola Jesus-Sea Talk

Download Playlist Here

(Thanks to Pitchfork, Stereogum, Brooklyn Vegan, Absolut Noise,Triple J Unearthed, KEXP blog, Eardrums, Indie Rock Cafe, the Music Alliance Project, the Devil Has the Best Tuna and the bands for making this mix possible)

Caper Recipes:

3 comments:

  1. As usual, I am happy to insist :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagles and Huskey's are doing it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah, Caper Crusader. I love it.

    I personally love capers sprinkled over cream cheese that's been smothered on a bagel. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete