Thursday, May 20, 2010

Food Pairing 101: What goes well with Brie en Croute?

Last week Paula Deen made her way to my kitchen for the first time. I met Ms. Deen on my trip through Savannah in January. She was staring at me from a number of magazine racks throughout the city and eventually I took notice (I can be a little dense when it comes to those kinds of things). Anyway, I extended an open invitation to visit me anytime and she finally did. It happened because I had 3/4's a wheel of Brie remaining and I needed to know what to do with it. In steps Deen and her Brie en Croute recipe. The rest, as they say is...appellation d’origine contrôlée.

Brie en Croute works wonders when paired with the Sleigh Bells' Treats LP (out now on Mom & Pop). Especially rich is "Tell 'Em."



Sleigh Bells-Tell 'Em

You might also like:
Broccoli and Gruyere with Sleigh Bells
What goes well with a Tomato Tart?
What goes well with Moreno?
Savory Onion Pie with the Cast of Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Puff pastry and soft melty cheese mmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think EVERYTHING goes well with brie en croute - especially a nice glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete