Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Broccoli and Spinach Lasagna Layered with 3OH3!, Kids of 88 and Male Bonding

One of my worst nightmares used to be that I scheduled a dinner party and invited hundreds of my family and friends but in the process of cooking our lovely meal my oven conked out and I was left stranded. I no longer worry about such things because, if all else fails, I can make lasagna in my dishwasher. True story. Look it up. This lasagna went nowhere near my dishwasher, meaning that it was only flavored with cheeses and spices, no soap.

Broccoli and Spinach Lasagna
(printable version)

-1 block tofu
-2 tsp lemon juice
-2 tsp olive oil
-1 clove garlic
-2 Tbs. dried basil
-1 pound frozen broccoli, thawed
-1 cup spinach
-2 cups mozzarella cheese
-3/4 cup Parmesan
-16 oz marinara sauce
-1/4 cup skim milk
-salt and pepper (to taste)
-6 no boil lasagna noodles

1. Heat oven to 400 F. In a metal bowl, mash the tofu until it is crumbly. Add lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and dried basil. Mix well.

2. Add the broccoli, spinach, mozzarella, half of the Parmesan, salt and pepper to the tofu. Stir until everything has been combined.

3. In a separate bowl combine marinara sauce with skim milk.

4. Spoon a layer of marinara mixture into the bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish. Top with two noodles, 1/3 of the tofu mixture and 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Cover this layer with two more noodles. Repeat layering once more. On top of the final two noodles place the remainder of the tofu and sauce. Cover with remaining Parmesan.

5. Tightly cover the lasagna with foil. Bake until the noodles are tender (about 4o minutes). Uncover and bake until the top is golden brown (10 minutes more).

For a perfect lasagna making experience
, layer your soundtrack with 3OH3! ("My First Kiss" which features Ke$ha), Kids of 88 ("Ribbons of Light") and Male Bonding ("Franklin").





Male Bonding-Franklin

2 comments:

  1. That looks really good TB. Yum! I am resisting the urge to read that story. OK, so I have no willpower so I am off to look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really good! Broccoli and spinach are my favorite green veggies so I would love this version.

    ReplyDelete