Tuesday, March 16, 2010

St. Patrick's Day Recipe Links Driven by Dillinger Four, Titus Andronicus, Dropkick Murphys, The Tossers, Bell X1 and Great Big Sea

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Normally I do a vegetarian St. Patrick's Day feast and invite everyone over to my house. This year, because of out of town visitors, conflicting schedules and J-Fur's qualifying exams, I am putting the feast off until sometime in April. For now, I'll just celebrate by posting links to some of the food I've enjoyed in the past (or those that I would be trying this weekend had things worked out better).

Irish Soda Bread Scones from Smitten Kitchen. I came across these the other day and am very excited to try them out.

Vegetarian Irish Gypsy Stew from recipezaar. One of the few staples at every vegetarian St. Patrick's Day feast I've held. Consistently garners rave reviews (pictured at the top).

Guinness Cupcakes from Big City, Little Kitchen. I'll liked these, J-Fur did not. Oh well, there was more for me.

Colcannon. The other staple at all my feasts. Doesn't seem so unique considering we eat it year round.

Corned Beef Seitan at Huffington Post.


As wrong as it is, musically my St. Patrick's Day will consist of the Dropkick Murphys, The Tossers, Dillinger Four, and Great Big Sea, oldies but goodies.





Dillinger Four-Sally MacLennane

The Tossers-Chicago

For the more authentic Irish band Bell X1. This is "Rocky Took A Lover." Bell X1 was also mentioned here).


Rocky Took A Lover - Bell X1

Chris | MySpace Video


From the new release category comes Titus Andronicus' "A more perfect union." This song has been playing repeatedly on my MP3 player (not a small feat considering it is over seven minutes long). "A more perfect union" comes from the band's new album The Monitor, which was released last Tuesday on XL Recordings.



Or download it here (thanks to stereogum).
Titus Andronicus-A more Perfect Union

What will you be drinking, eating or listening to this St. Patrick's Day?

1 comment: