Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let Them Eat Pie Mix: RADAID, katsen, drummer, melodics, mumford & sons, Ellie Goulding, Shad K, Tada Tata, Monotonix and more


Jean-Jacques Rousseau did not have me in mind when he wrote in his Confessions book "Qu’ils mangent de la brioche. J’achetai de la brioche." This quote is generally translated as "Let them eat cake. I bought some cake (but in all actuality refers to brioche, a French egg bread). Cake is too rich for me, too much icing, not enough good stuff. I'll take pie over cake any day. That's why I love November so much. It seems that no other month of the year sees so much pie sent my way. Pumpkin, apple, peach, cherry, blueberry, raspberry, rhubarb and strawberry. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying. It's pie out the wazoo. That's what this month's playlist is all about. Eating pie, baking pie, sharing a pie with the whole world. Everyone out there, this crust is for you.


Track Listing:

RADAID-Shine
Katsen-Where nobody can find us
Dummer-Diamonds to Shake
The Melodics-Take Me Away
Mumford & Sons-Little Lion Man
A Place To Bury Strangers-In Your Heart
Ellie Goulding-Under the Sheets
I Heart Hiroshima-Skakeytown
Shad K-I Get Down
Ou Est Le Swimming Pool-Dance the Way I Feel
Monotonix-My needs
Tada Tata-Hit The Wall
Washed Out-New Theory
Scotland Yard Gospel Choir-Tear Down the Opera House
My Sunrise-Fire Walk with Me

Download Playlist Here

The Bourbon and Orange Pecan Pie pictured at the top of this post came from this month's Real Simple. I put in more vanilla and less corn syrup than the recipe called for and used my own pie crust.

5 comments:

  1. It must be nice to have pie up to the wazoo!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bourbon & Orange Pecan Pie. Yah, I would like this over most cakes too!!!!! You know, I have never had rhubarb pie. Must put that on my list of things to do/eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, you sooooo didn't diss my best friend Cake. But I do agree with you that our other friend Pie is lovely and homey, and hospitable - but you can't deny Cake! Cake is about celebration, being festive, and moistness. I say they are equal, depending on what time of year it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Ok...I apologize. Cake isn't quite that bad. But I won't call them equals. Maybe like a set of brothers where one is older and cooler and the younger one will get there some day but not quite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read Jean-Jacques book but I should. You made such a great pie. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete