Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Click (Music): Downward Facing Dog, Death Goes on Vacation, Arizona and Breaking My Phone

Music doesn't get any better than this (at least in the last few weeks):

Tracks:

"Strangers" by The Rebel Light

If "Strangers" by the Rebel Light was an actual stranger you ran into on the street, they would be the kind that offered you a ride in a limousine full of hot grandmas and oatmeal cream pies.

Dear Mom,

I know you told me never to get into a car with strangers but this guy had a limousine full of hot grandmas and oatmeal cream pies. I apologize for being weak and concerned only with matters of the flesh. I hope to see you again.

Love,
Your Son




"Where I Wanna Be" by Arizona

About a month and a day ago I finished up two days straight of no sleep. One of the hot grandmas that I surround myself with asked me if I was tired. I told her no, I'm still a young whippersnapper. I closed my eyes for a second. Next thing I know a month has passed. During that time Arizona's "Where I Wanna Be" went from zero plays to 59,000+. I literally slept on this one. For that, I have sworn off any contact with grandmas for seven one days. That's too bad because "Where I Wanna Be" is the type of song that girls of any age would be able to get down to.



"Tunnel Vision" by Forever Cult

"Tunnel Vision" is the opposite of what happens when you pull too many jokes from the same well. It's like listening to Outkast while your little brother continues to make ur momma remarks even though that ship has sailed. Oh, and the fact that your mom is his mom? Totally lost on him.



"Ride" by Pollimer

I swore to myself that I would never again stay up for two days straight. But f**k if Pollimer's "Ride" doesn't make that a hard statement to stand by. This is the type of song that makes you want to just ride public transit all night long looking for that epic party that only a working class party goer like yourself could ever discover. See that's the thing that people seem to not realize. Getting into all the coolest parties isn't about popularity, it's about working hard, picking yourself up by the party hat string and going out into the world and making a party life for yourself. Don't believe me? I give you this as evidence.




Videos:

"Breaking My Phone" by Oscar

I can't help but think that some inventor, after seeing this video, is hard at work creating the world's first absolutely indestructable cell phone. After he/she invents it? Oscar is gonna get paid.



"Prisons to Purify" by Sundara Karma featuring Marika Hackman

Rumor has it that this video is exactly what Kevin Costner intended to make when he started directing Water World. Everything else you saw (or didn't see) in Water World was because Costner had extra money to spend.



"Make Me Wanna Die" by White Reaper

I really really hope that when it comes my time...the Grim Reaper is too busy tripping and riding fluffy dogs to notice.



"Until You Were Gone" by Tritonal and The Chainsmokers featuring Emily Warren

Oh those spin instructors. They draw you in with their motivational exuberance, downward dogs and always happy demeanor only to drop your ass once you start making photo collages from their Facebook pictures. Not cool. Not cool at all.



 Get All of 2015's Click Tracks (when available) in One Spotify Playlist:

No comments:

Post a Comment