Monday, August 10, 2015

Click (food): Marijuana Laced Pretzels That Are Dairy Free, Tel Aviv for Vegan Travelers, New Butcher Goes Vegan App and Chia Waffle Cones


In my blind taste test this week, here are some of the things I liked best:

Happenings:
  • Hey gamer, the butcher goes vegan is now available for both iPhones and Android devices.
Recipes:

Chia Waffle Cones featuring Maple Peanut Butter Ice Cream by Vegan in the Freezer

Whatevs on the ice cream. Don't get me wrong, I like peanut butter and maple and all, but what really drew me to this recipe was the chia waffle cone. That thing is magical. I could see hauling a couple hundred of those cones along on my next 100k race. That would be a much more efficient way of getting my chia than my current one (dragging one of those red wagons behind with a keg full of chia and blueberry smoothie in it). Not last place, here I come!

Dessert Bruschetta: Caramelized Mango and Banana by The Lunchbox Bunch

If you are like me and you show up somewhere with bruschetta, it's over. Before you know it, you've eaten an entire tray and have no room left for the main course (which probably isn't vegan anyway). This problem is solved by The Lunchbox Bunch, it's called dessert bruschetta. Now you can fill up all you want on bruschetta because it is closing out the meal. Unless you are like me and always eat your dessert first...

Vegan Chocolate Blueberry Cake from Boards & Knives

For some good chocolate on chocolate action, with a bit of organic blueberries thrown in, might I suggest this cake from Boards & Knives. You'll only need your ingredients plus four strips of parchment paper and dental floss because, well, chocolate on chocolate action can get a bit messy.

Creamy Spinach Sweet Potato Noodles with Cashew Sauce from Pinch of Yum

My spiralizer isn't getting much work these days because my zucchini comes out frozen. What to do, what to do? How about spiralize something that doesn't even go in the refrigerator? Pinch of Yum's sweet potato noodle recipe fills this need perfectly. I can see the future and the future is spiralizing sweet potatoes two...maybe three nights a week. *Rummages in cabinet. Now where is that damn spiralizer, I just had it like three months ago. 

Peanut Butter Cup Oatmeal from Mindfully Moni

How many of you out there have ever woken up from an awesome sleep and thought, 'Man, I'd really like to eat a peanut butter cup for breakfast but it isn't very socially acceptable so I'll just settle for this bland oatmeal instead?' No one? Really? I'm the only person who ever thought this. I must be...

Aw, I see what you people did there. Freaked me out for a second. Thank you Moni for raising your hand. Peanut Butter Cups for breakfast have now become socially acceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment