Sunday, July 17, 2011

Food Pairing 101: What goes well with vegan peanut butter rice krispie treats?

This afternoon I watched World Cup Soccer while snacking on vegan peanut butter rice krispies treats. I used this recipe, jacked up the peanut butter and added a double shot of chocolate ganache topping from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. And to think I was under the impression that you had to use marshmallow to make these treats (which technically make rice krispie treats not even vegetarian). I thank my brother for showing me how wrong I was.

After the US lost and a second batch of the krispies failed I needed a song that would kick my temporary doldrums by telling me that everything would be ok. In comes Noah and the Whale and out go my blues. "L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N" is a laid back wavy tune with a joint spelling driven chorus and sing-a-longs that make me long for the classroom or a back porch gathering of Bloserville's finest. It also makes me forget about failed penalty kicks and subpar desserts for nearly four minutes. Oh, and ants too.