Saturday, March 26, 2011

Food Flavored Song of the Day: Everyone is My Friend by Owls

In "Everyone is My Friend" the Owls pose the question:

"And even now, in the sunlight with grapefruit juice and coffee bound and bountied to winter without end, would you two like each other or are you too much alike?"

I've thought through this lyrical inquest a number of times, looked at from different angles and I keep coming back to one thing. If I'm drinking coffee and grapefruit juice in the sunshine, I'll probably be thinking about my water intake and how much energy I have when I don't have to work and how the bone in the middle of my foot doesn't quite fit with the rest of its neighbors. Pondering relationship stuff, on caffeine, won't happen.

Owls-Everyone is My Friend

The song appears on the band's self-titled release from 2001 which was recently repressed by Jade Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment