Sunday, January 23, 2011

Food Flavored Song of the Day: Breadcrumb Trail by Buried Beds

There was one time, when I was a kid, that my mother had tired of my antics and she ordered my father to walk me into the woods and leave me there. My father obliged. As he grabbed me and began dragging me out the door I frantically looked for a slice of bread to foil their plan Hansel and Gretel style. We were all out of bread. The only thing I saw within my reach was a container of breadcrumbs. I grabbed it. The breadcrumb trail was difficult to find in the woods so I spent about a year working my way back home. Upon seeing me, slightly skinnier and with longer hair, both of my parents burst into tears and loudly exclaimed that they were glad I had "passed their test."

DCF was never notified and I forgave them.


1 comment:

  1. Random, as is the use of my pic.

    BAM! up-to-date on all blog posts!

    ReplyDelete