Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No Bake Pumpkin Pie chilled with Zion I, Rebelution, The Knocks, Chiddy Bang and Vonnegutt

Since food and music are two of my passions outside of teaching, I try to incorporate them inside the classroom as much as possible. My kids and I dance every Friday and on special occasions (usually holidays) we work with food. For the past four Thanksgiving's I've made no bake pumpkin pie with the class. There's nothing special about this recipe but it is easy to prepare in school, fun for the kids and they enjoy the taste. Well, most of them do.


No Bake Pumpkin Pie
(printable version)

-1 1/3 cup skim milk
-2 cups canned pumpkin
-2 boxes instant vanilla pudding
-1 tub whipped cream
-1 tsp cinnamon
-18 individual graham cracker pie crusts (or two whole ones)

1. Mix the skim milk and canned pumpkin in a large metal bowl. Stir well.

2. Add the vanilla pudding and cinnamon. Mix until ingredients are combined.

3. Add the whipped cream and mix again.

4. Spoon the pumpkin mixture into the pie crusts. Smooth the tops with a knife. Chill in a refrigerator for four hours.

Aside from Michael Jackson, my class seems to like to move the most to songs that combine hip-hop and dance beats. They like the way it makes them move. So, in honor of them, here are three that I've been enjoying and that I know they would would dance to, if they were a little cleaner.

Zion I featuring Rebelution-Many Stylez (Zion I has a new album out, Atomic Clock. Get it here.)



The Knocks-Dancing with the DJ (Chiddy Bang Remix)



Vonnegutt-Going Home (full length, next year. For now...it's the appetizer)

1 comment: