Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Food Pairing 101: What goes well with Twice Baked Crispy Gluten?

It isn't often that something I make annoys people. Usually they are intrigued and ask lots of questions. With Twice Baked Crispy Gluten (from the Weekly Vegan Menu Blog) the questions were there but they were done with scorn. Guess you shouldn't mess with a person's fried chicken.

Twice Baked Crispy Gluten is most flavorful when paired with two things. During the first bake, a light touch of Liam Singer and his single "Winter Weeds" hit the spot. Return the Crispy Gluten to the oven with a healthy dose of Titus Andronicus' "Battle of Hampton Roads" done For No One style.


4 comments:

  1. Ew why would anyway say anything bad?
    I like that you baked these twice instead of frying, making them the healthiest fried "chicken" I ever seen : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same thing, if you don't like it don't look and hide that look on your face because I can see right into your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had a bad reaction from folks, but more importantly, what did you think of it? It isn't 'chicken' that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it and will do it again in a heartbeat. Thanks for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete