Sunday, June 6, 2010

Food Pairing 101: What goes well with a summery Fu*ked Up cover?

(picture by J-Fur)

When I think about summer in Pennsylvania (because let's face it, the weather in Florida makes it feel like a perpetual summer) I think long drives to the beach, the ding ding man, Katrina and the Waves, and root beer floats. I'm not a big fan of Katrina and the Waves, I find them slightly irritating, but "Walking on Sunshine" is 25 this year and it does remind me of sunny days...wait? What's that? Fucked Up covers that song (well more like remixes it) on Brooklyn Vegan's Sun Salute: A tribute to Katrina and the Waves for the 25th Anniversary of Walking on Sunshine? Summer just got a little better.

Fucked Up-Crooked Sunshine

"Crooked Sunshine" goes well with the aforementioned root beer float or Smitten Kitchen's awesome cupcake version of this summertime delight.

You might also like:
I left my heart in San FranCrisco Mix
Vegan Linzer Torte Cupcakes
Dried Pumpkin and Fruit Mistake Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment