Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Where we eat: Evos slathered with Xiu Xiu and Murder By Death

When I was kid every Sunday after church my family would go out to eat fast food. Be it McDonald's, Wendy's, Hardees it didn't matter. If it was fast, greasy, and obese, we partook.

About twelve years ago I quit fast food altogether. Part of it was dietary, part of it an outcry against oppressive corporations. Things changed when J-Fur and I relocated to Tampa. Fast food again became a part of our diet because of Evos, a Tampa based, vegetarian friendly, fast food restaurant (I love their American Champion Burger and Air Fries).

Evos has all the staples: burgers, hot dogs, chili, shakes, fries, salads with none of the guilt. Perhaps my favorite thing about the restaurant is their ketchup options. There are four different flavors of ketchup: garlic, mesquite, cayenne, and regular. If you live in California, Florida, Georgia, or North Carolina and you have the chance, check out Evos for a healthier, tastier, alternative to fast food.

Xiu Xiu is finishing up some European dates before returning to the US and embarking on a cross country tour with the Tuneyards. "Gray Death" is the first track on their brand new album Dear God I hate myself, released yesterday on Kill Rock Stars (buy it here).

Xiu Xiu-Gray Death

Murder By Death's new album will be released on April 10th (via Vagrant Records). They will also be embarking on a US tour (including a stop at SXSW) in early March. From their new album is the very enjoyable "Foxglove." Thanks to BrooklynVegan for posting the track.

Murder By Death-Foxglove

As seen on: Evos on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I never used to be into fast food. But then about two months befor Brian and my wedding, I wouldn't have time to make coffee to drink before work because I wanted to get in early to do wedding research (can you believe I didn't have the Internet at home back then??). So I would stop at Macdonalds for their Vanilla Iced Coffee. Then I started craving that ice coffee for lunch... And then that segued into fries. I LOVE Macdonalds fries. And I LOVE Chick-Fil-A Waffle Fries. But that's it - just these two places.

    But this place you've described here sounds awesome! FOUR different ketchups? I am a sucker for condiments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for condiments too, thus the love. I've heard chick fil a has great fries, though I've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete