Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Food Flavored Song: Byker Lime Slicer by Eat

On Valentine's Day my girl gave me the old wink, wink, nudge, nudge and before I could say "A vasectomy is the best form of birth control" we were seated in some Thai restaurant taking orders from a hostess who had no idea what she was talking about. As I scoured the list of food offerings available for consumption (but really what was the point, everyone knew I was leaving with a Pad Thai in my belly) I heard a rhythmic chopping sound coming from the kitchen. I turned just in time to see a teenage lime slicer doing his thing. I inquired about his role, outside of lime slicing, and the hostess told me that he doesn't have one. All he does is slice limes. At first I thought that was a bit weird. But then I remembered that she doesn't know what she is talking about. So I really have no idea if that Thai restaurant employs a lime slicer or not. Either way, I'd like to dedicate Eat's (here) latest single "Byker Lime Slicer" to that teenager. After all, in a world of visceral Pad Thai's it is the scuzz that lies on top.



Don't forget the band's previous single "Byker Drone" which is one of my favorite songs through the first two months of 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment