Thursday, December 16, 2010

Taste of New York with music provided by Junk Culture, Kanye West and Le Days

How much food can you eat while your wife and mother-in-law watch a bunch of people singing about not mourning the wicked? This is the question I posed to myself (and attempted to answer) during one afternoon this summer in the Big Apple. Taking recommendations from friends and blog readers I created my own personal food tour that covered more than twelve miles (all walked) and included two desserts, one side dish, a fast food Falafel bar, kimchi and a stroll through an urban market. I planned a review of some of the places I ate at but never got around to it. Seeing as the year is almost over, I figured it was time to admit the obvious, I won't be getting to it. So I figured an all encompassing photo dump post would work best (I'll have one on New Orleans in a few days as well).

Kyotofu's Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler with Shiso Mint Ice Cream
(Recommended by RB)


S'Mac's Napoletana Mac and Cheese
(Recommended by BH)


Guss' Pickles (which had relocated to Brooklyn so I wasn't able to enjoy it)
(Recommended by BH)


Babycakes' Carrot Berry Gluten Free Cupcake
(Recommended by RB)


Maoz Vegetarian's Falafel (with Fixin's Bar
)
(Recommended by HH)

Anjelica Kitchen's Burrito
(Recommended by RW)

Since New York and I are, at the very most, summer friends that visit each other once in a while, I figured Junk Culture was appropriate. Look for these "Da da da da da da doe doe's" to come your way in EP form in February.

Junk Culture-Summer Friends

I won't state the obvious, I'll just jump on the bandwagon. Kanye West's "Christmas in Harlem." (Thanks to Consquence of Sound for the link)

Kanye West-Christmas in Harlem (featuring Dipset, Pusha T, Big Sean, CyHi Da Prynce, Musiq Soulchild and Teyana Taylor

And since Cliff Lee spurned NYC to go back to Philly, how about Le Days doing "Ring Baby Ring" (hopefully a natural outcome to all of this).

2 comments:

  1. I finally made it to Anjelica's Kitchen during my latest visit. What did you think of it?

    Also, Maoz saved me when I was in Barcelona. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have Maoz in Barcelona? I thought Anjelica's Kitchen wasn't bad. Jennifer's mom loved it. I really only ate kimchi and a few bites of the burrito because I had eaten so much else prior. But what I had wasn't bad, I just didn't find it spectacular either. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete