Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Swapped with the Cave Singers

It is my humble opinion that some things aren't meant to be swapped. Cookies are not one of them. This week I participated in my first cookie swap at work. The rules were simple, bake as many cookies as you want, whatever flavor you want, and trade yours for a variety of others. I took 18 Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Toasted Walnuts but couldn't find 18 cookies I wanted in return. I left with about ten. Of those I ate one, a peanut butter bar that was pretty good, and gave the rest to some pregnant women. I guess I like to make more than I like to take.

The Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Toasted Walnuts Recipe comes from the blog Steamy Kitchen. I made them almost exactly how Jaden did, though I replaced the cream cheese in the icing with neufchatel cheese, added about a quarter cup more pumpkin and halved the entire recipe. I also cooled the whoopies alongside a weeble.

Speaking of cookie cooling, The Cave Singers mention this baker's art during their song "Swim Club." Not sure what the two have to do with each other, perhaps you know?

The Cave Singers-Swim Club

If you are having your own Christmas Cookie swap and can't think of some ideas, try these:

550 Christmas Cookie Recipes
La Cuisine De Helene Mexican Wedding Cakes
Smitten Kitchen Iced Oatmeal Cookies
Kathy's World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Pineapple Cookies
Reese's Peanut Butter Temptations

No comments:

Post a Comment