recipe of the week...a smashing success.
Smashed Potato Enchiladas
-2 10 oz cans of enchilada sauce
-1/2 cup of salsa
-2 cups of smashed potatoes
-8 corn tortillas
-3/4 cup of chopped green onions
-3/4 cup of frozen corn kernels
-1 can diced green chilies
-1/2 cup of Monterrey Jack Cheese
1. Prepare the smashed potatoes. You may also use mashed potatoes or instant mashed potatoes.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Spread 1 can of enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 9 x 13 rectangular pan.
4. Stir the salsa into the smashed potatoes. Mix well.
5. Spread a line of smashed potatoes down the center of each tortilla.
6. Sprinkle green onions, corn, and green chilies on the top of the smashed potatoes.
7. Roll the tortilla and place seam side down in the pan. Repeat until all ingredients are gone.
8. Pour the other can of enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Cover the pan with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Remove the tinfoil and sprinkle Monterrey-Jack Cheese over the enchiladas. Bake an additional fifteen minutes (or until cheese is melted and starting to brown).
At this point it is time to eat away any neck, back, or mental pain.
At impact, the stereo in our car flew out of its cradle and ended up in our back seat. I'm still not sure how or why it happened considering we were hit from behind. The song playing? Shill's "Pick a Fight." I see a slight bit of irony here.
To express the conundrum I was feeling yesterday, happy to be alive, sore and a bit angry over what happened. I turned to Wussy's "Happiness Bleeds" which expresses the same type of paradox.
Just a reminder, August's playlist is coming this week!